Zenyasa® is a unique style of yoga that incorporates practices found in traditional and contemporary yoga, Zen Buddhism and functional mobility and resistance training. Instruction is currently available for individuals and small groups by appointment. I also occasionally offer workshop series and retreats, so be sure to join my mailing list to stay in the loop.
Each 75-minute session includes:
- Opening the Gates: a comprehensive joint warming routine
- Grasshopper Vinyasa: a simple flowing sequence performed from a standing position that will help increase mobility and flexibility, as well as deepen the connection between mind, body and breath
- Standing Poses & Interludes: linked standing pose sequences interspersed with core-strengthening exercises performed on all fours to develop functional strength, flexibility and balance in the lower body, upper body and core
- Deep Relaxation: a 5-8 minute restorative rest position meant to help relax the physical body and reduce mental stress
- Mindfulness Meditation: a 5-minute meditation on the body, the conditions that comprise the present moment, the breath, and the wandering mind